Wednesday 19 January 2011

Outraged!

Not quite book related - well you'll see!

Phil bought me "My Sister's Keeper" DVD for Christmas. He knows I have read the book and loved it and have been waiting for a very long time for our DVD rental company to send me a copy but have yet to receive it. So he bought me my own copy.

Here comes the outrage . . .

. . . They changed the ending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They changed the perfectly good, fantastic, crying buckets ending!!!!!!! How, why and what for I have no idea. This is just ridiculous. The book was great just the way it was. The way it was written, all the things that the story was trying to get across was neatly wrapped up in the book ending.

The film ruined this and changed the message, meaning and story altogether.

Shame on this film.

I have always heard the book is better than the film and mostly I agree with this (Twilight Saga nearly making this untrue!) and after this film it has not changed my opinion. In fact I am more in the book camp than I was before.

No comments:

Post a Comment