Saturday 1 January 2011

Books Books and More Books!!

So I thought New Year, New Blog!

I absolutely love books. They can take you away from a stressful day, they can help you to relax, they can even make you happy, sad, cry, angry at just a few turns of a page. Words are a powerful thing and when written down in a great novel can come alive!

I would dread to think how many hours I have actually spent reading - actual novels I don't just mean any old text book etc - but I shouldn't think there have been very many days that I have gone without reading at least one chapter since I was about 7/8 years old. My usual reading is about an hour of a night (I try for more but life gets in the way)!

I remember my mum taking me to book fairs at school when I was younger, wondering what book to buy. I always tried to go for the most value for money - so 3 in 1 books were great!

Now I'm married and still love going to buy new books! At the moment its a case of buying new bookcases to put the books on! Luckily Phil understands and just shakes his head when I'm drawn to the book stand when we go shopping. I love it even better when it there is a sticker saying buy one get one free - still loving the value for money!

So now I have decided to create somewhere where I can go to worship my books! Where I can slate or rate them, pick at them and basically love them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment