Friday 14 January 2011

Book 4 - Three in a Bed


Another book down!

It was one of the £1 books I bought the other week.

This is also a new author to me, never read her work before and it was new experience reading it now - let me tell you!!

It was an ok book. There were some good parts and some bad parts. Also some down right boring parts which you had to read through in oreder for it to get better!

Good points - I could relate well to the story, it was about a new mum and all the things you deal with during pregnancy and newborn bbay stages. There were some funny aspects and some nodding of the head in agreement. Liked how the story went and liked the ending.

Now for the bad points - Far too much swearing. Now don't get me wrong I am by no means a sweeter than light, holier than thou kind of person because I am not. BUT when you read the C word being used (you know the one), one too many F**kings it kind of gets a bit tedious. For me there was no need for half the swear words, they seem to be in for the sake of it rather than to emphasise the story. There were also a few too many down time chapters - you know, where they have filler chapters for the background, you need the past before you can move on. I had to keep perervering with these parts.

So this book gets a 2.5/5 - When it was good it was very very good, but when it was bad it was boring!

My next book goes back to YA - Last Sacrifice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment