Monday 10 January 2011

Book 3 - The Lucifer Code


This was a complete surprise book to me. Have never read this author before (has to be a first for everything right) and it's very rare I read this type of book. I am much more a chick lit/YA/supernatural sort of person.

Some people looking at the description of this book may think it's a copy of "The Da Vinci Code" but this book came before that and is a very different story all in all.

The characters are great and well defined, each with their own back story which help them come to life. The story itself is well written. It took me a while to figure the style of writing and at first each character had their own chapter and own start story but soon they all joined together and then it really flowed. The book then became a "I can't put it down" and a "I just need to read one more chapter then I'll stop" (hence me still reading this book while cooking dinner) type book.

Despite the non put downable aspect there were a few things that failed it for me but this is only due to my own beliefs (or lack there of). This book explores God, souls and the afterlife so not exactly how I look at the world. This is not a bad thing just not a me thing!! Some things (like the very high tech gadgets and technology that is described) are just not believable sometimes - but hey I read vampire books, who am I to judge!!!!

I give this book 3.5/5 - liked it but not a type of book I am used to.

What next - choices, choices, choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment