Tuesday 5 April 2011

Book 16 - Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove

I loved Lauren Kate's Fallen series (am currently waiting with baited breath for number 3:- Passion), so when I found there was a book that started off Lauren Kate's career I jumped at the chance to read it!!

The writing style is quite different to the Fallen books, not though it makes it bad, just different.

However, I really disliked the Natalie character, very shallow, very snobbish and not what a main character is usually like. This didn't make me dislike the book and in fact it made me want to read more so I could find out what happens to her.

For what ever reason when I was reading this book I felt an awful lot of deja vu! I couldn't shake the feeling that I had read this book before, which is completely silly as I am 100% sure I have never laid eyes on this book in my life (until now anyway)! Despite that I couldn't help but know what was going to happen and even "knew" the ending before it happened. I either have read this book and completely forgotten or I am getting really good at predicting stories and their endings!

I did finish this book quite quickly - having started it sunday night and finishing tuesday afternoon (I didn't read non stop as I work 8.5 hours a day) and as much as I enjoyed the book it won't be going on my "I can re-read this book countless times" list.

So I give this book a 3.5/5

I think I will read Kissed By an Angel next, looks big and has about 700 pages in so should keep me busy for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment